Most of the expensive schools out of the reach of the poor are being run by churches charging exorbitant amounts as tuition fee.
This is a comprehensive list of eight Nigerian universities owned by churches and in most cases built by contributions from church members.
These church-owned universities are known for one thing – the outrageous amounts it charges as school fees. As a result, the church members who may have in one way or the other contributed to the building of the universities are denied the opportunity to attend because the school fees are not affordable.
Here Is A List Of The 8 Schools You May Not Have Heard About
1. Landmark University
Landmark University is a private Christian University founded by one of Nigerian’s richest pastors and founder of Faith Tabernacle and Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel, Pastor David O. Oyedepo. He is also the Vice-Chancellor of the university.
The school is located in Omu Aran, Kwara State. The school fees ranges from N556,000 for courses such as Sociology, Political Science etc while Engineering courses stand at N669,000 per session.
2. Bowen university
Bowen University is owned and operated by the Nigerian Baptist Convention. Located at Iwo in Osun state it is housed on the campus of the Baptist College which is a teacher-training institution just outside the city of Iwo. For Bowen university their school fees are as follows:
– For students in B.A. and B. Sc. Programmes, a minimum of N300, 000 must be paid from the session fees in the first semester before registration.
– For students in the law faculty, a minimum of N 500,000 must be paid from the session fees in the first semester before registration.
– For students in the medicine and surgery department (pre-clinical), all fees and levies must be fully paid at the beginning of the first semester while a minimum of N 800,000 must be paid before registration.
– For students in the medicine and surgery department (clinical), all fees and levies must be fully paid at the beginning of the first semester while a minimum of N 1,000,000 must be paid before registration.
3. Covenant university
Covenant University is a private Christian university and a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. It is owned by Nigerian Christian author, architect, preacher, the founder and presiding Bishop of the megachurch Faith Tabernacle in Ota, Ogun State Nigeria, and Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel, David O. Oyedepo. He is also the Vice-Chancellor of the two universities.
It is located in Ota, Ogun state, Nigeria. For Covenant university the school fees ranges from N774, 500 for courses such as Banking and Finance, Economic and Development studies, Business management and so on to N814,000 for engineering programmes and Architecture.
4. Benson Idahosa university
The Benson Idahosa University (BIU) is a private, Christian university in Benin City. It was named in honour of Archbishop Benson Idahosa, a charismatic Pentecostal minister from Benin and the university reflects his evangelical beliefs. At Benson Idahosa University, students of Agriculture pay the lowest fees, which is N278, 000 per session in their final year, while students of law pay as much as N1, 150, 000 in their first year and N643, 800 by their final year. Mathematics students pay N583, 000 per session.
<<<CLICK “2” BELOW TO CONTINUE READING>>>